1.
I honestly don't care about companies twitter accounts. They are
usually run by a PR team that censors what is really happening. When I look at
his twitter account I see a bunch of propaganda which is ridiculous. As much as
I support our Church I am strongly against accounts like these. I seems to ruin
the message. I feel like these words are worth more when a person is actually saying
them instead of on an Internet screen.
- By having the leader of our church tweet
is a unique experience. I feel that while his tweets are very religious he
doesn’t really tweet about personal things. Looking at his tweets they are
more one-liners about religion rather than the deeper answers we seek. I
think that twitter is the wrong platform because it doesn’t allow arguments
to develop properly and it is hard to cam a solid argument in 140 characters.
- No, not really. They however do have
a website. However it is pretty terrible and it needs to be reworked. They
also need someone to update it constantly with new information. However
the groups inside our church do have Facebook groups about the information
on meetings and upcoming events such as youth group or bible study.
- The Church is very old-fashioned when
it comes to the internet. They, like any company tries to keep from being
controversial but no one really wants to read about boring tweets that don't have any substance. I feel like the church, like any other institution should try to establish its feet outside the internet rather than ry to elbow them in to a space dominated by disbelievers.
No comments:
Post a Comment